Paleo Naner – Blueberry bread
We’ve all been there, you have bananas that are basically fossilized on your kitchen counter. Pre-paleo days I would of whipped them up in to my boyfriend’s grandma’s seriously awesome banana bread…but…now that I’m mostly grain-free I wanted to still make a banana bread but without flour and refined sugar. Definitely a tall order but I was excited to see if I could make it work and work it did…
I made my banana-berry bread in too big glass pan so I would recommend using a loaf pan, round cake pan or even a small 8×8 pan. Just remember my baking times are based off the pan I used so keep an eye on your bread while it’s in the over!
Paleo Banana-Blueberry Bread
1 tbs vanilla extract
½ cup coconut oil
1 ½ cups almond flour
½ coconut flour
Pre-heat oven to 375 F
- Mash the naners until they are soupy
- Crack in the eggs, add vanilla, coconut oil and mix until combine…it should smell awesome at this point
- Add flours and it will be THICK, don’t worry!
- GENTLY fold in the blueberries the best you can
- Spread into your pan of choice and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges start to lightly brown.
Since this bread is sugar free it’s super important that your bananas are borderline rotten. This is a very dense bread and not your typical banana bread texture but it’s awesome tasting! Hope you like it!